Friends of Duchy
We are a dedicated group of parents/carers and teachers who work together to raise funds for the children of Methwold Primary and have fun whilst doing it. We do this by regularly organising social and fundraising events, including Summer and Christmas Fayre, Bunco, themed school discos and bingo evenings.
As a parent/carer of a child who attends our school, you automatically become a member of our Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA). We encourage everyone to become an active member in the PTFA community by attending the once monthly meetings and offering to volunteer at the events. The more people who help, the easier the work becomes. Please consider popping into a meeting or reaching out to us at school or via email.
Currently, we hold our monthly meetings on a Tuesday with two options; one is held at 2:15pm and the other is at 7:30pm. Children are welcome.
To check on the events we run for school, please visit the Calendar section of the Friends of the Duchy page.
Current funding goals:
- After School Clubs
- Sensory Garden in the playground
- Books for Father Christmas to give to the children
- Classroom fun fund
- Transport for the children's outings
- DOJO reward pudding parties at the end of each half term
Items that the Friends have funded in previous years:
- Mobile music system and PA for school hall
- Weatherproof clothing for the children’s Sports Teams
- Transport for the children’s outings
- To help to stock the library with up to date authors
- Pay for a Christmas pantomime
Friends of the Duchy Committee Members
Chair - Sara Farr
Treasurer –Katy Plumridge
Secretary – Nancy Mitchell